Each year, over 25,000 beaches in the United States are closed or posted as unhealthy [source: www.surfrider.org]. To remedy this, Barefoot Wine and Surfrider Foundation encourage local residents to volunteer at cleanup and restoration events across the country to help make these beaches “barefoot-friendly.”
The Barefoot Wine Beach Rescue Project is back for its third straight year, and this time it’s bigger than ever! In celebration of Surfrider Foundation’s 25th Anniversary, Barefoot Wine and the Surfrider Foundation are rescuing, renewing and restoring 25 beaches this summer.
Check out Barefoot’s site to see how you may participate.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Wine Whore Review: Barefoot Wine & Bubbly (winewhoreblog.com)
- Surfrider Foundation Teams Up With Santa Monica High School (takepart.com)
- Barefoot with Wine at 5? (winewhoreblog.com)
- New Arrivals – Barefoot Wine (winewhoreblog.com)
- Surf’s Up on Chicago Beaches? (chicagoist.com)